Thursday, September 1, 2011

Theme Day - Perspective


It looks like I've escaped the heat and headed to the mountains but, I haven't.  This isn't a mountain top scene and it's not even a hiking trail scene.  This happens to be at a very busy intersection in north Phoenix.  I was sitting at the traffic light when I glanced to my right and saw this little wilderness-like scene out of the passenger side window.  Fortunatly, I had my camera sitting on the passenger seat of the car.  I picked it up, rolled down the window, extened the telephoto to get past the frame of the car window and snapped.  Then the light turned green and off I went with the flow of the traffic.  It's just a matter of perspective.  To see more "perspective" photos, click the link below.
Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

9 comments:

brattcat said...

well done, sharon.

Unknown said...

Well done indeed! No one will ever guess this is the sight at a busy intersection.

Kate said...

Always a camera on the ready to give many different perspectives. One of a familiar scene, making it look different is special.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Good heavens Sharon, great shot for a drive by, what are we like us 'bloggers', cameras always at the ready!!You just wouldn't imagine a scene like this anywhere else but the country.

Jack said...

It sure doesn't look like 110 degrees Phoenix. I laughed at your description. Have I ever rolled a window down at an intersection to snap a shot? My counsel advises me not to answer the question.

RedPat said...

Great shot on the fly!

Regina K said...

Nice perspective, I usually just crop out my window frame.

Judy said...

Keeping the camera close at hand is the key to capturing unusual shots. Well done.

Randy said...

Funny it doesn't look like a hot day.