Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Desert Cottontail

The Boulders Resort is a wildlife sanctuary with many animals and birds in abundance. I saw hundreds of these furry little desert cottontails hopping about the area. I love the way the rising sun has lit up his ears.

In addition to the javelina I featured on Saturday, I also saw a large number of quail, some type of ground squirrel, and early Friday morning, a coyote slinking around the edge of the golf course.

A bellman who picked me up in one of the many electric carts used to transport visitors said that there are also quite a few bobcats roaming the property and climbing the rocks.

5 comments:

Leeds daily photo - Paul said...

What big ears! Very cute bunny.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

A cute bunny indeed, but with so many bunnies around, it is now surprise that there are coyotes lurking about as well.

Memphis MOJO said...

Very cute. Nice of him to pose for you.

Judy said...

I like the way the sun is shining through the rabbits ears in this shot.

Unknown said...

This shot is amazing, Sharon! We can even see the veins in the ears! And he is so cute!