Monday, January 5, 2009

Rainy Sunday

Sunday was a gloomy rainy day in Phoenix. Living in the desert, we don’t get many all day rainy days but, we got one on Sunday. It was cloudy and dreary all day. I took this photo at the entrance to a gated community.
I took the small photo at a higher level with a view over the city. Click on the photo to make it bigger and you can see to the left one of the office buildings on Camelback Road. Just left of center is the high-rise condo building that I featured on September 18th. In the center you can just make out the dome over the Chase Field ballpark and to the right is the cluster of high-rise buildings in downtown Phoenix.

9 comments:

Laurie Allee said...

I never think of it raining in Phoenix! It's nice to see it!

angela said...

In spite of the lack of rain the city still looks pretty and green..

Mo said...

Used to rain here. Dumb of me but I hadn't realised you were in the desert.

Unknown said...

I like the small pic! A true oasis in the desert! :-)

Debbie Courson Smith said...

Hopefully, the sun is back doing its job today.

glenda said...

We are very spoiled with our great sunshine almost daily. But we do need the rain.

Walker said...

Rain is most welcome indeed!

Judy said...

They said it would snow here but only flurries and nothing stuck. I love the smell of rain in the desert. Where were you to get that great shot overlooking the city?

Steve Buser said...

Just keep reiminding yourself it is liquid sunshine.

By the way, sorry for spoiling your breakfast.