Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tools for Art

Near the entrance to The Construction Zone, featured yesterday, is this sculpture made from all kinds of construction tools. There are wrenches, saw blades, axes, cable, and hundreds of other things that I couldn’t begin to name, all welded together to form this fascinating sculpture. This piece is completely hidden from the street so I never would have seen it if I hadn’t been pulled in by the reflections that I featured yesterday and the day before.

5 comments:

Hilda said...

Fascinating, alright. And I love it!! The texture is awesome. Very apt for a construction company. Though I think it would look great in our wood and stone house too. ;D

HZDP said...

Yes, sometimes keeping a city daily photo blog can help us discover the unknown corners of the place we live. This looks great.

Pat said...

I really like this piece of art. I think I'll look for it next time I'm in Phx.

Wayne said...

If I had all the tools I've left in ceilings and walls or dropped where they could never be got at I'd have enough to make something on a similar scale. Except that I haven't the actual talent to pull it off.

Keep up the nosing around Sharon.

Jane Hards Photography said...

When you start photrography you do notice a lot more. InterEsting image.