Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The Blooming Desert


Last Saturday I spent the day with my friends Julie and Dave on a home tour that took us almost all the way to Carefree Arizona.  Julie's mom was supposed to go on the tour but had to withdraw so Julie called to see if I wanted to go.  I wasn't doing anything other that chores so I decided to join them and I'm glad I did.


The drive took us into the northern reaches of Scottsdale where there is still a lot of open desert and with the desert in full bloom right now, it was a beautiful thing to see.



We stopped for lunch at a place I'll reveal tomorrow and we found ourselves walking a few trails just to get some photos of all the beauty around us.





























This last photo makes me think of that painting at the Heard Museum that I featured back on March 30th.  It was called "Orchestrating a Blooming Desert"  Just imagine that Saguaro cactus as the conductor.

14 comments:

Andy said...

Rugged but beautiful country.

Thérèse said...

The third picture is my favorite as if the saguaro had taken a graceful pose.

Karl said...

A blooming desert, wonderful, Sharon !

Lowell said...

Love these and that last photo could be a painting. I'm wondering if you stopped at that place that used to sell massive steaks up near Carefree?

Halcyon said...

So much color! Not what one expects from a dessert. :)

Judy said...

Beautiful!

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous landscapes!

RedPat said...

Not what I think of when I think of desert! It is a lovely time of year there!

Catalyst said...

When we moved to Arizona in 1972 I was expecting a Sahara-type desert. Imagine my surprise.

Bill said...

The landscape is stunning, I love cacti. Glad you went on this adventure and came back with these lovely photos. Nice!

Lois said...

Such pretty photos Sharon! It really is beautiful.

Kate said...

There is no question that the Southwest dessert is remarkable. Wonderful cacti photos. hi to David and Julie.

Christine said...

Absolutely beautiful & I wouldn't have believed the desert could be so lovely!

Jack said...

Lovely photos, Sharon, especially the first two.