Sunday, April 2, 2017

Strawberry Season


I've seen all kinds of plants growing in this strawberry pot that sits in one of the quiet corners of the Desert Botanical Garden but, this was the first time I actually saw strawberries growing in it.  And one of them is almost ready to be plucked.  It kind of made me want to make my spring time strawberry cake.  The last time I made it was two years ago.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting one of the world's mysterious places.

11 comments:

Andy said...

The strawberry is looking good... to eat that is.

Lowell said...

When your cake is done, let me know and I'll send you a self-addressed box so you can ship me a slice of two. OK? ;) Nice shot of that ripe ol' berry. I'd be very tempted to pick it.

Kate said...

Followed your link and saw the delectable cake. I think that you will have to look elsewhere than the Botanical Gardens for enough berries for another cake.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I wonder how many people looking at the strawberry are tempted, would be hilarious if there was some sort of alarm attached to it that would go off if anyone dared 😀 I remember that strawberry cake you made Sharon, I can't even go back and look at it, I'm on a very strict diet and even looking at it would add inches I'm sure 😀😀

William Kendall said...

We won't see them here until mid summer!

RedPat said...

I'm sure it tempted you a bit!

Lois said...

Strawberry cake sounds good! I usually make strawberry pie.

Bob Crowe said...

This is somewhere between delicious and, if I may say so, erotic.

Karl said...

Already strawberry season ? Wow !

Judy said...

Yummers!

Jack said...

Sharon, you have such a good touch with close-ups.