Sunday, April 9, 2017

Skyscraper Apartments


This high-rise building was built around 2008 in downtown Phoenix and the plan was for it to become luxury condominiums.  Everyone knows what happened in 2008 to the American real estate market.  So, now this building is luxury apartments instead.  I'm not sure how many times it changed hands before it opened.

I've never seen inside the apartments.  Maybe I should act like I'm interested and take a tour.


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'll answer the question 'what could be historic about a giant department store?'








7 comments:

Lowell said...

I would not like this but I know lots of people who would - my wife, for example. And yes, if you can get inside, do it. Love your photos of this skyscraper!

Judy said...

I wouldn't mind visiting but would not like to live there. Nice shots.

Andy said...

It is still looking pretty good. I say go for phony viewing. It could be fun.

William Kendall said...

Not that different from some new ones here.

Jack said...

I especially like your first, angled shot. I suspect the balconies on the top floors are purely decorative. Probably too windy to sit outside.

Bob Crowe said...

They would probably be happy so show you around but might get suspicious when you start snapping pictures. We have a surprising amount of fancy new apartment buildings in the Central West End that went up in the last couple of years.

Kate said...

Make up a story about needing photos for a friend who is moving to town. Any ruse is legitimate for a good photo and to please your rubber-necking blog friends.