Monday, April 10, 2017

Palo Verde


The Palo Verde tree has been designated as the state tree of Arizona and right now they are showing their colors all over the state.  I found this especially full tree in front of a home in Paradise Valley.  I thought it's shape and color was especially attractive.


Just to left of the base of the tree in the photo above, you will see some yellow aloe blooms joining in for this colorful show.  I zoomed in on those to catch this close up.  The desert is very pretty right now as I'll show you tomorrow.

11 comments:

Mersad said...

That intense yellow color is amazing!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Karl said...

Gorgeous !

Christine said...

So beautiful Sharon! THe sunshine yellow is so uplifting!

Judy said...

So pretty!

Lowell said...

Love the yellow and the shape of that tree. I'm looking forward to your desert photos! I've seen some of your dessert photos, and they were excellent! :)

RedPat said...

I love this tree, Sharon! Imagine just sitting under it for a couple of hours!

Bill said...

The pretty tree with the vibrant yellow colour. I love it!

William Kendall said...

Lovely, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

Funny how flowers of similar color sometimes seem to be blooming all at once. We've been having a blue/purple spell in our garden! But that probably has more to do with our human perception, and our tendencies to connect unrelated events, than with botany. :)

Lois said...

It sure is pretty Sharon. I can see why it's the state tree!

Jack said...

Mellow yellow. I don't think I have seen a Palo Verde tree, or, if I have, I didn't know what it is.