Sunday, April 23, 2017

Impulsion


I was looking through my photos for something to post today and found this photo of a sculpture located at the Westworld Equestrian Center in north Scottsdale.  Westworld is an event venue that was built for equestrian events but has evolved into a much bigger event space.  This sculpture was commissioned by the City of Scottsdale and was created by local artist Jeff Zischke.  It stands 20 feet tall and is made entirely of stainless steel tubing.  The artist named the piece "Impulsion" and said it emphasizes the "beauty, power and nobility" of the horse. 

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting a city with a strange name.

12 comments:

Steve Reed said...

That's a cool sculpture! The tubing, particularly the way it's splayed out at the horse's tail, creates a sense of motion.

Andy said...

Spectacular!

Lowell said...

I think that's just plain scary! Can you imagine riding such a thing? Fascinating, though.

Judy said...

Very unique!

William Kendall said...

Imposing!

RedPat said...

It's a good one, Sharon!

Bill said...

Very cool and unique. I like it!

Jack said...

Interesting that a very effective horse was made from straight tubes. I like it.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I like it very much Sharon and I particularly like your composition with the electricity pylons to the left, they work well with the vibrant feel of the sculpture, nice work!

Thérèse said...

Unique for sure and it found its place for sure too.

Kate said...

The artist is very talented.

Karl said...

A unique sculpture, beautiful !