Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Desert Landscape


The house I featured yesterday had some wonderful desert landscape features like this rocky area full of desert plants.  You can even see the yellow blooms on those prickly pear cactus.


The owners had a lot of small bottle brush plants located around the grounds and their bristly, red blooms were very eye catching.


They also had plenty of shapely agave plants to admire.


The pool had a very natural look with lots of rock features.  This in-the-water seating area was a nice touch.


I even spotted a rather large and very colorful frog hiding among the rocks and plants.

12 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Well the sight of the bottle brush made me feel quite at home Sharon and the colourful frog is a super surprising quirky addition to the garden ☺

Thérèse said...

Very crisp pictures and such bright colors.

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful plants and such nice, crisp photos! Thanks for the info on building in the desert. I figured there must be some restrictions to try to preserve the landscape.

Lowell said...

Excellent photos of these beautiful desert plantings! Makes me nostakgic for the Phoenix area...we had a lot if fun wandering about tge desert when we lived tgere.

William Kendall said...

The frog seems lost in thought!

Judy said...

Nicely landscaped!

Christine said...

You've helped me fall in love with the desert, Sharon! Beautiful photos!

Bill said...

Beautiful! I just love these photos you've been sharing. I do like that frog, what a nice touch.

RedPat said...

Their landscaper did a marvelous job. I could gladly siting that pool with a tall glass of lemonade and just veg out!

Halcyon said...

So much color for the desert!

Lois said...

Very inviting. I love that frog!

Jack said...

Your shots are exceptionally crisp and clean, Sharon. Well done. I have never lived in a desert climate, so these always seem exotic to me.