Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Copper Flag


Recently I noticed a shiny artwork in front of a corporate office building.  I'm not sure if it's a new piece or if I just hadn't noticed it before but, it caught my eye this time.  The building is called Missouri Falls probably because it's located on 7th Street and Missouri.



From across the street it appeared to be a giant copper flag waving in the breeze.

































So, I went across the street to take a closer look.  Not only is it a sculpture but it's a fountain too with water running down through that crease on the left side and into a pool below.

I couldn't find any artist's name associated with it.  Too bad, it's quite attractive.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A striking sculpture, I like it... very dynamic.

Kate said...

It definitely is a different kind of sculpture and fountain combined. I am also struck by the sharp symmetry of the building.

Christine said...

It's a great sculpture in every way and the copper looks great against the backdrop of plate glass in the offices.
Great photos!

Karl said...

I like the artwork and also the architecture of the building.

Judy said...

Quite unique!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What a find Sharon.. the copper colour looks brilliant surrounded by the blue of the windows, very clever design .

Bill said...

The sculpture looks fantastic in front of the building and copper was a great choice for the flag. Very nice find and photography, Sharon.

RedPat said...

I like it!

William Kendall said...

It does evoke a flag.

Lois said...

What a great find Sharon. I really like it and I'm glad you got closer so we could see the water!

Thérèse said...

One of the five Cs showcased in a beautiful manner.