Saturday, January 28, 2017

Vendor Action


As with most major events, there is more to the action than just the main event.  The Barrett Jackson Collectors Car Auction was no exception.  There was every kind of vendor present that you could imagine.

This gentleman was selling some pretty nice looking cowboy hats.  He's steaming one here so he can shape the brim.





















There were several leather vendors on hand.  This jacket was an eye catcher.  If I was 20 years younger, I might have been tempted.


One vendor had every type of model car you could imagine for sale.  Remember my post from last Sunday about the Shasta Travel Trailer my parents owned?  I could have picked up this model of one if I wanted.


If you were in the market for some unique furnishings for that "den", there were suppliers ready to sell you just the thing.  Fortunately, I don't have a den.  😃


This young lady was on the job at the McLaren auto show space.  I have no idea how much she knows about the cars but, she's and expert at attracting attention.


These motorized bicycles were attracting a crowd.  They sure would make going up hill a lot easier, wouldn't they?

This young lady looked like she was having a great time selling all kinds of treats at one booth.  She was wearing a fabulous 1950's look and a big smile.

  You could purchase every kind of vintage gas pump you might want.  This one appealed to me because when I was a little kid, my dad used be a regular customer of a Skelly Gas Station and I loved to go with him to get the car filled up.

That wraps up my Barrett Jackson photos for this year.  I hope it's not another four years before I go again.

10 comments:

Andy said...

It certainly is a collector's paradise.

Christine said...

So much to attract the eye! Great event and great photos, Sharon!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What a wonderfully colourful, vibrant series of shots.. no den to furnish here either! I think I see a couple of reasons the young lady was attracting attention Sharon ☺

Lowell said...

Wow, that's like stepping back in time. In the 2nd shot, we had a Chevy (1955) very much like the one pulling the trailer except our was blue and white. You do see cowboy hats in Ocala for we have a lot of cowboys working the horse farms. Re the girl at the auto show space: the only requirements for that job is an implant certificate! :) I've seen that motorized bikes are coming back; not a bad idea, especially for us older folks ("us" refers to Lois Anne and me); and finally, Lois Anne and I drove Route 66 on several occasions in the late 50s and early 60s driving from Minneapolis to Phoenix.

Judy said...

Lots to see at that event!

William Kendall said...

Definitely a lot here to draw the eye! I got a laugh out of Grace's comment!

RedPat said...

Both Grace & Lowell made me laugh, Sharon! So much to see at that show besides the auction!

Bob Crowe said...

It's overwhelming. I'm surprised I didn't see one of those Cadillac sofas in Graceland.

Steve Reed said...

You should have bought that model Shasta! Especially attached to that model Bel-Air (or whatever it is) in front. :)

Susie of Arabia said...

What a fun outing! That leather jacket is amazing!