Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Replacement


Back in 2013, I told you about a shopping center in Scottsdale that was built to look like a Tuscan village.  You can see that post here.  I mentioned that the center had been sold to a developer who had plans to tear it down and build a residential community.  Well, it's done and this is the replacement for that lovely Tuscan village.  It's called The Enclave.


One of my friends is actually looking for a new place in this area so we decided to stop in and take a look at one of the models.































However, the lobby is as far as we got.  It seems the models are only shown by appointment.  My friend hasn't decided if she will pursue that arrangement or not.  So, off we went to look at some other places.

10 comments:

Christine said...

I went back to look at the former Tuscan styled shopping centre and have to say whilst this new development is pristine, I prefer the former buildings. Such a pity.

Steve Reed said...

Swanky lobby! It seems so wasteful to tear down that shopping center, though.

Lowell said...

Looks very fancy pantsy, and I'll bet it's pricey. But the amenities might be worth it.

Judy said...

I can't imagine tearing down that beautiful structure. Everything seems to be disposable these days.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh no I loved the Tuscany look. I guess that's progress for you Sharon!

William Kendall said...

I prefer the former buildings, but in my experience, the word of a developer is absolutely worthless.

Catalyst said...

It looks pristine, perhaps severe. I have been to the Borgata many times and am sorry to hear of it's ill fortune and being torn down for this monstrosity.

Bill said...

Have to say after looking at the former buildings, I prefer them. It's too bad to see something nice torn down and then replaced by something that is not as nice. I guess people will eventually love this too until it becomes "out of style." It's wonderful that you have documented the transformation.

RedPat said...

Progress is not always progress I guess.

Jack said...

It is kind of sad to see the attractive old shopping center torn down, but that is happening many places as tastes shift toward online purchases. I would not want to be in the brick and mortar retail business these days! It does look like the replacement residential development is at least "attractive" if that is one's style. If your friend and you return, it will be interesting to see your reactions.