Monday, August 24, 2015

Country Club Park & Del Norte


Country Club Park is a historic neighborhood that I had not explored before.  It's a middle class neighborhood located just a few blocks from the Phoenix Country Club but, it's not part of the exclusive Country Club properties that are along the golf course.  This little neighborhood has a variety of architecture.  This one has a bit of a Spanish hacienda style.


This one also in the Country Club Park area has the mid-century modern "salt-block" look to it.  When I was a kid, I loved this style.


The Del Norte neighborhood is one I've cruised around in before and I've even posted one or two houses from this area before.  It's full of 1940's bungalow sized houses.


I really like this one with all those windows and that wonderfully huge tree in front.  

20 comments:

Andy said...

All original, all different. Big difference between neighbourhoods.

Steve Reed said...

These look like my kind of neighborhoods -- established, modest and well-kept. I like the "salt block" house a lot!

Anonymous said...

All very different designs, but all equally attractive!

Kathy said...

The last house is definitely my favorite of this group.

Karl said...

So many different styles in the same area...
The last one is also my favorite.

Janette said...

My Grandmother's house is in the Willo neighborhood. 506 Cypress. It has been a long time since I saw it. I understand the neighborhood is still looking good. I know the last owners completely renovated. My grandparents moved in at the beginning of 1930.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

A 1940's bungalow sounds just my cup of tea Sharon, I like all of them even the 'salt block' style, there are many this style along our coast.

RedPat said...

I'd probably go for the salt box one but I like them all, Sharon!

Catalyst said...

I'm partial to the last two.

cieldequimper said...

Looks like a really nice place! I prefer the two last styles though the fifties one is sort of appealing too!

VP said...

All great houses, but the last one has something special!

Judy said...

I really like the second one very much!

William Kendall said...

The first one particularly suits me.

LOLfromPasa said...

They must get a lot of mail at that last house :). Seriously, all of these homes are lovely. What a nice neighborhood.

Bob Crowe said...

That's really interesting. Architectural styles from everywhere.

Birdman said...

What a strange mis of housing.

Birdman said...

"mix"

Halcyon said...

The bungalows are my favorite. I always wanted to live in a house like that growing up.

Kate said...

I would much prefer living in either of the top two homes. One floor living is getting more and more important to me, plus I love the architecture of both of them.

Jack said...

This little neighborhood has a pleasing variety of styles.