Monday, August 3, 2015

Brentwood and Campus Vista


Today I have the next two historic neighborhoods on that list of 35.  Brentwood and Campus Vista.  Brentwood was new to me.  I don't believe I had ever roamed around that neighborhood before.  It appears to be an area that is making a comeback.  Some of the houses have been maintained beautifully but, there were a few that were in serious need of repair.  The one above was neat and tidy and painted in southwest colors.


This one has some real character.  I love the arched entryway and the large chimney.  I'm not sure what is wrong with the trees.  They should be full of leaves but, it appears they have died.  That's a shame because they are beautifully shaped.


Campus Vista is a neighborhood that I'm very familiar with.  It's where I used to live before I moved last fall.  The house above belongs to dear friends and it has been lovingly remodeled and maintained.


This is another house I admired.  I love the brick and the tall trees.  

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting that they are all in the shade of trees, must help to stay cool!

Mersad said...

I love it that they have natural shade. Always like to take a peak at other peoples houses. These are really good. I invite you to share your post at my new photo meme that I have started just now on my blog. Link is down below. Thanks!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Steve Reed said...

Nice neighborhoods! Is it possible that those "dead" trees leaf out at a different time? (Although it's August -- if not now, when?!)

Thérèse said...

Such lush landscapes for Phoenix.
I like seeing these neighborhoods through your eyes.

Birdman said...

Yes, the arched entry home is a winner for me. The others, rather plain and boring for me.

Karl said...

Nice homes, Sharon.

VP said...

Beautiful homes: I like the second one, but I would be worried for those trees...

RedPat said...

I like your friends' house with that wonderful entrance they have created!

Halcyon said...

I especially like the second house. But the color on the first one is also very appealing!

Catalyst said...

Nice views of neighborhoods. Sharon, you should be a realtor. Or are you?

Kate said...

Sharon, you are going to have fun and learn a great deal about your city's neighborhood on this theme of yours. I like the variety and feel of this neighborhood; sure hope that it truly comes back with more updates and care.

cieldequimper said...

The first one is my favourite, love the colour and the cacti!

Judy said...

I like the first one the best because the owners put some character into it and it's different.

Kathy said...

There are some cute little bungalows in Brentwood. Several years ago I attended a tour of some of the homes in that district that have been restored. Most of them were very small but all had interesting architectural features. If I recall correctly most were built in the 1920s/early '30s.

Bob Crowe said...

That second home looks like an English country cottage.

This is a good project, something I might try here. But, as you remember from your time in STL, there are neighborhoods where angels fear to tread.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The first house is real Arizona colours Sharon. Sad about the trees, always makes me sad to see trees dying. Houses with arches are always winners for me :)

William Kendall said...

The second place particularly appeals to me.