Monday, June 16, 2014

Four Seasons.....in the summer


I took a drive out to north Scottsdale, way north Scottsdale, to check out the Four Seasons resort.  It's fairly new and I had not been there before so I thought it might be a good place to take some photos.  Two things about the resort surprised me.  First surprise was how well it blends in with the surrounding desert.  It blends so well that I drove right past the place and had to turn around and go back.

Second surprise was now many people were there.  The parking lot was full and I saw many guests relaxing in different places around the property.  I might expect a lot of guests in January or February but, June seems like a strange time to visit the desert.

But, I guess if 4 million of us can live here all summer then a few northern and easterners can visit here in the summer.




















As you can see from these photos, the style is distinctly southwestern in what might be called Pueblo Style.

I'll post a few more photos tomorrow.


15 comments:

Siddhartha Joshi said...

This looks like a really nice resort to visit...

Anonymous said...

It sits perfectly in its surroundings!

Thérèse said...

All "Four Seasons" are usually pretty nice places. This one looks like one of them and I am ready to see the next pictures tomorrow.

Kathy said...

This is really a beautiful resort and I'm so glad they chose native architecture.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You can tell the architectural design has been so well thought out, it really fits with its environment perfectly.
I'm curious to know where your water supply comes from in the really dry summer months Sharon and do you have year round water restrictions?

Judy said...

I like this very much. The desert should look like the desert. so many of these places try to green it all up.

Lowell said...

It is gorgeous! Love the architecture. A friend of mine and I used to ride a motor scooter to way north Phoenix and walk the desert looking for Gila Monsters. We found one when it ran across my foot. That's when we went home.

4 million. In 1951 when my folks moved there I believe the population was 150K. Average humidity was 7%. :)

RedPat said...

It looks gorgeous, Sharon! But I think I'd rather visit in February.

cieldequimper said...

Oooh I think I should love this but like Pat, I'd do it in the winter!

Catalyst said...

Reminds me a bit of The Boulders.

William Kendall said...

It does blend into the desert quite nicely, which you wouldn't expect with a hotel outfit.

Randy said...

Beautiful looking place.

Kate said...

Lovely, lovely place. Frank Lloyd Wright certainly would find the blending into the landscape a big plus!

Karl said...

It looks gorgeous, I like the Pueblo Style!

Unknown said...

Loved this Four Seasons series. The complex is perfect for a desert location. Everything fits in.