Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Danse Macabre

I'm interrupting my little series of Halloween decorations around my neighborhood to tell you about and event I attended Sunday night.



A good friend of mine, Thomas Blee-Carlyle belongs to The Movement Source Dance Company and his group presented a show called "The Danse Macabre, Unsettling Music Movement and Illusion".

It was an excellent show and perfect for the season so close to Halloween and the Day of the Dead.  The illusions were fun and the dancing was mesmerizing.  I really enjoyed it.



This is Thomas posing for me after the show.


And, this is the illusionist, Johnny Hotshot attacking my good friend David.  Fortunately, he was able to get away!


This photo is one of the publicity photos I found on the company's website.  I didn't see a name of the photographer but, whoever took it did a superb job.

9 comments:

Kate said...

The macabre certainly gets a good grip on some people's imagination and behavior.

Lowell said...

Okay...I'm glad you had a good time. And it looks like the cast had a good time. Glad, too, you didn't lose your good friend. Looks like it was close!

Halloween is such a silly holiday! :)

Judy said...

David is a good sport to let you post the picture of him getting attacked. I'm glad you had a good time.

I agree with Lowell, Halloween is a silly holiday.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Perfect timing Sharon, what a fun time you had..Mr & Mrs from last post would have approved wholeheartedly..if they had had hearts :)) Ouch! So you've had a few falls too, we have to slow down a bit methinks :)

glenda said...

What a fun time. David is a pretty good actor.

RedPat said...

This fits in quite well with your Halloween series, Sharon! Quite a poster.

Catalyst said...

Well done.

Jack said...

Yes, it sounds like an enjoyable event.

So, someone attacks your friend and you just take a pic instead of saving him?

Randy said...

That first shot is great. It could be their poster for next year.