Sunday, September 15, 2013

Hillside abodes


The slope of South Mountain was home to a real mix of housing structures from very large and luxurious homes to modest houses to the unique.  The geo-dome above is one of the unique ones.  These types of houses are supposed to be environmentally friendly but, just between you and me, I don't find them very attractive.


I also found this small but tall house.  This one is certainly an unusual shape.  It has a perfect location to take advantage of the views of the city but there don't seem to be any windows big enough to do that very well.

I have a new photo up on Sharon's Sojourns today.  Fashionable architecture is the subject this time.

15 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

A but unusual it is that geo-dome house.

Karl said...

What concerned the first Photo, I agree with you Sharon, very unusual and not much attractive.
The 2nd gives me the idea of a small castle :-)

Andy said...

Variety is the spice of life.

Kate said...

I much prefer the Southwest style you featured yesterday but I would love to try living in the geo-dome for a little while.

Birdman said...

I'm drawn to this square one. But I agree about the viewing.

Anonymous said...

The top one looks like it may have been modelled on the Apollo 13 landing craft!

Thérèse said...

Original houses' shapes don't always go well with the practical and confortable side of things.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Both of these houses seem not to take advantage of the views that are available from part way up the slope of South Mountain.

Judy said...

These two are very unusual and I like them both. There is a geo-dome house in Mayer that is quite lovely.

Unknown said...

They're both amazing! The one on top looks like Sci Fi with a rustic look, but the second one is my favourite. Great finds, Sharon.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Can you imagine the view from the roof though, fabulous!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

P.s. would love to see inside the dome :)

Lowell said...

Two most interesting structures. I don't much care for geo-dome home houses, either. They tend to go round and round inside and you never get anywhere! :)

Re the 2nd house: Maybe they have a little patio on top of the house where they can sit and take in the view at night; or hide from the coyotes.

Randy said...

I remember the second one. Bet they have great views.

Jack said...

How about I hold out for the one you showed yesterday?