Saturday, February 9, 2013

Celebration of Fine Art


The Celebration of Fine Art is going on again in Scottsdale and I went yesterday to check out this year's artwork.  Wow, what a selection.  I talked to several artist's I've grown to know over the years and I admired some fantastic works.  The painting of a white rose is the work of James McGulpin who's work just stunned me the very first time I visited this event.  He paints the most realistic fruit in equally realistic glass bowls.  I remember being awe struck the first time I saw his work.  He also paints simply gorgeous flowers like this white rose.  If you are interested in the show, it is open every day from January 12 through March 24th.  You can visit their site here.  The site has some great photos of the inside of the gallery.

16 comments:

Thérèse said...

Oh How wonderful!
I don't know for the size of it if it is not difficult to have it placed in a smaller space.

PerthDailyPhoto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm always in awe of talent like this Sharon. The rose painting is exquisite. Good link too, the art gallery looks much used and loved.

Anonymous said...

Amazing, it leaps out from the wall!

Karl said...

Simply wonderful !

Judy said...

Very nice. I'm surprised you were allowed to take photographs inside.

Birdman said...

Thanks for this link today. I REALLY need these today, after 33 inches overnight. Sheeeeeesh!

Lowell said...

I like the light in this painting. It's just how that rose would react to the camera.

I'm surprised they let you take pictures. A lot of the artists at our art fairs don't want anyone taking pictures of their work.

Catalyst said...

We've been going to that show for years. It is sensational. And it's always good to ask permission before photographing an artist's work.

RedPat said...

I could happily live with this piece on my wall!

FilipBlog said...

What a painting, you would almost say it is silk.

Greetings,
Filip

Randy said...

What a beautiful painting. I like the different shades of color.

Jack said...

This seems super-realistic, more realistic than realism.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

fabulous and reminds me of your art work

Unknown said...

Gorgeous painting!

Kate said...

Your photo is stunning, too!