Sunday, October 18, 2009

Plant Sale

The Desert Botanical Garden had their fall plant sale on Saturday and there were lots of people shopping in the unseasonable heat. We Arizonans thought fall had arrived, but Friday and Saturday brought back some of the summer heat. Hopefully, it will pass soon so we can comfortably enjoy the outdoors.
There were a lot of cactus (and other plants) to choose from.
You could even get some rather large plants if you had the room. I think you might need some professionals to transport and plant these cactus.

7 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Julie is really bummed that she was not able to go to the Desert Botanical Garden plant sale this weekend. She rarely misses this opportunity to add some plants to the yard and to replace whatever has not survived.

Anonymous said...

The nursery is an interesting place. I can guess the heat on the blacktop was oven-like.

Judy said...

I bet that was fun, too bad it got so hot! Cooler weather is on the way.

Randy said...

I love this sale. It was more fun to watch the people as they scurry around to find the right plant.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

one of my favorite places to go and buy cactus!

glenda said...

I love the DBG plant sale. I always pick up a few new things to add to my garden. the info they send with the plants is very helpful and informative too.

Unknown said...

You know I had to enlarge these! What a fantastic cacti collection! :-) Have never seen such structures to protect the big ones.
The mountain in the background of the second shot is also fantastic!