Thursday, January 29, 2009

Self Portrait

Yesterday I showed you two works from a wonderful exhibit I saw at the Heard Museum by the artist Rose B Simpson. Today I show you a work by her mother, Roxanne Swentzell. The title of this piece, “Self Portrait” takes on a whole new meaning when you see the figure holding a mirror with her toes while drawing on a sketch pad. She is truly creating a self-portrait.
In the small photo you can see the sketch pad and drawing. This is such a clever piece of artistry that I just had to share it with you. I apologize for the quality of the photos. I had to take them through the Plexiglas case that surrounded the subject.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great fun self potrait. You did a grea job of photographing through the case.

Pat said...

I can't tell it's in glass.

Unknown said...

This is so cool! I like every detail especially the cute feet holding the mirrow! :-)

Judy said...

I liked this one too, your pictures turned out nicely.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

Sharon, interesting sculpture. And I saw your comment on my website about Jay Leno and car auctions. I actually saw Jay Leno driving in Los Angeles in an open top collector car. I was sitting at the traffic light and he went driving right by me. Kind of cool.

Randy said...

I had no idea that Roxanne Swentzell's daughter also an artist. Her mom and their family live here in the Santa Fe area.

Kate said...

Fun!

Sally said...

That's gorgeous!

Susie of Arabia said...

What a wonderful sculpture! So clever!!!

Z said...

The body language is so spot on. Cool!

Babzy.B said...

great sculpture !

Web-OJ said...

Very cute. So that's how self potraits are made? Hmmmm! :-)