Friday, September 18, 2026

Unique Way to Advertise

 


When I was in Chicago last week, I saw a very unique advertising technique taking place on the plaza just north of the Chicago River.  Giant sized household items were attracting attention.  Here we have a lamp.















I'd have trouble fitting this giant skillet onto my stove top but the price is right.


















And this reusable water bottle is a bit too big to carry around.  

There were several young ladies standing around to answer any questions and to hand out shopping bags to anyone who wanted one.  

Of course then there were lots of people like me who just turned it into a photo-op.  

7 comments:

Diana said...

Those oversized props are such a genius attention-grabber, I'd have snapped photos right along with everyone else!
https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com

Gemel said...

Goodness, that certainly is original.

Travel said...

I have watched Jose Andres make Paella in a pan about that size in the middle of Vermont Avenue in front of VA headquarters. How fun.

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

Very imaginative! : )

RedPat said...

A good attention-getter, Sharon.

Amypie71 said...

Very unusual things to display but they would get my attention.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

How creative!!