Monday, September 21, 2026

The Subject Was "Power"

 


My Art Challenge Club met Saturday evening to review the latest challenge which was "Power".  

This is my piece and I call it "Solar Power".  My photo editing tools helped me to take an ordinary image of an electrical socket and turn it into something a bit magical.  












I also showed one extra piece.  This one I call "People Power".  I wanted to play around with drawing faces in a caricature style.  I didn't like it at first but after a while, I started to like my messy little faces.  

Tomorrow I'll show you some of the group's pieces.  It was a fun topic that could be interpreted in many ways.  

7 comments:

Travel said...

Love them both. Have you seen Danny Gregory's YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/DannyGregory/featured. He does sketching videos. I believe he lives in Phoenix.

RedPat said...

These are great, Sharon. It is good to have a challenge.

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

That must have been so much fun! : )

Gemel said...

I really love your Solar Power piece.
I have begun dabbling in watercolour painting recently, it's relaxing. Yet harder than it looks.

Amypie71 said...

solar power and people power are both very powerful in themselves.

Thérèse said...

It shows the seriousness of the chosen subject. I like very much the bear in your next post.

Bill said...

Very creative, you did well!