We started our day at the Museum of Contemporary Art. In all that time we spent in Chicago, I had never made it to this museum before. There was a big farmer's market in front of the museum so we had some breakfast snacks before we went into the museum.
The exhibit I enjoyed the most was of this large collection of sculptures most of them from hand-carved wood and all by Kenzi Shiokava. They were all so beautiful showing the beauty of the wood along with the talent of the sculptor.
On our way to lunch, we met these two thirsty working horses. You have to feel for those horses dealing with Chicago traffic all day long.
Lunch came with a fabulous view of the beautiful Water Tower.
After lunch we went to the Field Museum. I hadn't been there in many, many years so it was pretty much like going for the first time. That's Sue in the photo above. The T-Rex that was discovered in South Dakota in 1990. The skeleton was discovered by Sue Henderson so they named it Sue.
The Field Museum is simply huge and the exhibits were amazing. I loved the timeline history of the planet earth including all the mass extinctions that have happened over billions of years. It appears we are now in the 6th extinction period where species are going extinct faster than ever before. The exhibit was both enlightening and frightening.





What a busy day, Sharon!
ReplyDeleteI stumbled across the MCA on an early morning wander one trip, it was a wonderful find. I should go back.
ReplyDeleteThe last time I was at the MCA was a little over two years ago. My daughter who was pregnant at the time and I went to see a Faith Ringgold exhibit. She had to sit down a few times to take a rest. The next day her sweet son was born 💙
ReplyDeleteThe musuem looks like a great place to spend some time in. T-Rex is incredibly huge and amazing to see.
ReplyDeleteeek that dinosaur must've been huge and very scary!
ReplyDelete