Monday, September 7, 2026

A Whole Day of Art

 

We spent the entire day at the Art Institute of Chicago where I was surprised to find that my beloved lions were all boxed up.  Apparently they are being refurbished and will be back to work guarding the building sometime soon.


I discovered that the Member's Lounge had been moved to a new location and now has a balcony where you can get some lovely views of the Michigan Avenue skyline.  I also got to see two great exhibits.  One was about Mary Cassatt and the other about Willem de Kooning.  Both exhibits gave me a new appreciation for each artist.




I also ran into Abraham Lincoln standing in a plaza near my hotel.  He's looking very bronzed these days.





2 comments:

  1. Nothing really beats a whole day of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to plan a museum day when I am there in February.

    ReplyDelete