Tuesday, August 18, 2026

No More Saks

 

Our local Saks Fifth Avenue store has closed its doors for good after serving the community for 30 years.  The closing has to do with the bankruptcy of Saks Global.  It's not a store that I shopped at often but I did find things there occasionally.  It's kind of sad seeing this once grand store sitting empty.

This is the front of the store last winter when they were still open.  It was an anchor store for the Biltmore Fashion Park shopping center so I wonder if another store will move in.  It will be interesting to see what happens next.

7 comments:

  1. Ongoing change in retail. I hope that center is able to find a new anchor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad to see the old chains closing. It has happened here too, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sad that online shopping has taken away the physical shopping experience. Downtowns used to bustle with shoppers and malls were busy with people shopping, too. It's a social event that has disappeared with computers becoming such a staple in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised Saks went bankrupt. I thought luxury was one of the few sectors of retail that was thriving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that's sad, so many businesses are closing here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems to be a global happening, once successful businesses closing their doors.

    ReplyDelete