Ten years ago I posted about a local wine bar called Postino's that decorated a new location with a wall covered in old matchbooks. You can see that post here. Last Sunday I met friends at a different Postino's location and I discovered this wall covered with lunch boxes. When they were getting ready to open this location, they must have put out a call for lunch box donations and they accumulated quite a collection.
Here's a closer view. They are fun to look at. I see a couple of Star Wars boxes here and that Superman one is easy to spot.


What a fun collection. Last year we were in the Minneapolis airport and saw a lunchbox display. Growing up, we didn't have lunch boxes. We either bought the school lunches or Mom packed our food in a brown paper bag and we bought a little carton of milk at school.
ReplyDeleteI am sure mom threw them away, as soon as she could, I remember the fun of picking out a new lunch box every year or two.
ReplyDeleteThese are great fun, Sharon.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great twist to decorating.
ReplyDelete