Tuesday, August 11, 2026

From the Heard Collection

 

I have four more paintings from that display from the Heard's collection of paintings.  This one is called "A Nickel for Your Thoughts" and it was painted by Jaune Quick-To-See Smith.  

This one really drew me too it.  I thought it looked like those awful brush fires that are happening all over the world.  It's called "New Blood" and it was painted by James Lavadour.

This one was composed of four panels and was created by James Schoppert and is called "Kaa Gee Soak" which I'm assuming comes from the Tlingit language.  I tried to find a translation but only found that "Kaa" means person.  


This last one has a touch of humor to it.  It's called "Tall Visitor at Tacito" and it was painted by Gary Cohoe.  

I enjoyed seeing all these large scale paintings in one gallery setting together.  The exhibit contained quite a variety of subjects and styles.  

4 comments:

  1. Every city,needs a museum like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my parents traveled to Phoenix, they always visited the Heard Museum. It was one of their favorite places in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting work. That second one DOES look like brush fires.

    ReplyDelete