Monday, August 10, 2026

Another Artful Morning

 


I was at the Heard Museum again on Saturday for another one of their "Artful Mornings" lectures.  I took the opportunity to walk through the changing gallery where they have a selection of paintings from the Heard's Collection.  They were all large scale paintings many of which I had seen before in different locations.  However, there were a few that hadn't been on display in decades.  

The painting at top is by Linda Lomahaftewa and it's Untitled.  To the left  is another painting by Lomahaftewa.  I love the brilliant colors in in both of these.




This painting must be a very new acquisition because it's dated 2026.  It was painted by Nanibah Chacon and it's called Bed Rot 1.  It is described as acrylic on polytab.  I had to look that up to discover that  Polytab is mural cloth.  I was drawn to the bright colors and all the patterns as usual.


This last one was painted by Joe Baker and it's called Phoenix House with Chartreuse Chairs.  It was painted in 1980.  It looks like the artist might have made visit to a house in Phoenix with saltillo tile floors and possibly an R.C. Gorman painting on the wall.


4 comments:

  1. Each of these paintings are really unique and colourful, I particularly like the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much talent in Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all these brightly coloured large paintings. They really get my attention. But I think "Untitled" is a very lazy way of describing a painting. Surely the artist must have had something in his or her mind when creating the piece.

    ReplyDelete