Before leaving Chicago, I had to make sure I stood on the bridge over the Chicago River and took in the city views that I love so much. Looking east from the Michigan Avenue bridge, I can see the building I lived in all those years ago right in the center of the photo and I can admire all the towers that have sprung up east of it.
Standing at the same intersection and looking west, I was struck by how a once favorite view has been blighted by just five malicious letters.
So, I just stepped a few feet to the south to get a more appealing view. It's missing the river but at least the blight is gone.



Someday we will pry that blight off of the land. It is still an amazing city.
ReplyDeleteYou took in some beautiful views for your farewell to Chicago.
ReplyDeleteStill good shots despite the nasty bits, Sharon. ;-)
ReplyDeleteNice city views.
ReplyDeleteI had to smile at your reference to "those 5 malicious letters" and "the blight". Please people, vote him out as soon as you can!
ReplyDeleteI have visited Chicago only once, I went to the Shedd Aquarium, loved it.
Nice to see a new glimpse of the skyline. It's changed a bit since the last time I was there. That tall building east of the one where you used to live definitely wasn't there, nor were the "blight" letters!
ReplyDeleteThese panoramic pictures are spectacular. I would love to visit Chicago.
ReplyDelete