Tuesday, March 10, 2020

They're Back!


The Spring Butterfly exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden opened last week so I went on Friday to see how they look.  I'd say they are looking very good.  Above is a Gulf Fritillary.


Here is a White Peacock butterfly.  (My friend Julie said she would call this photo 'Butterfly with Chop Sticks' because of those stems in the photo.)


A Pipevine Swallowtail on a yellow flower.


And, I was thrilled to see my favorite the Malachite.  I only saw two of them and they both stayed on the plate with the orange slices the whole time I was there.

14 comments:

Andy said...

Lovely photos Sharon. This is one insect that everyone loves to see.

biebkriebels said...

Wow, what a wonderful photo's you made!

Karl said...

Wow, great pics, Sharon !

Sami said...

Beautiful captures Sharon. I don't see many butterflies in my garden, but I do get lots of bees and birds visiting.

RedPat said...

Fabulous to see, Sharon!

Bill said...

Beautifully captured, Sharon.

Catalyst said...

Great photos, Sharon. Your camera must have a very fast shutter speed.

William Kendall said...

These are beautiful.

Kay said...

I love seeing these shots -- a parade of beauty. And that Malachite is extra gorgeous. Your post today is a real treat. Thank you!

Lucyna Drozłowska said...

Motyle są piękne i cudownie wyglądają na fotografiach:)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh they are beautiful shots Sharon, especially the last, the patterns are too gorgeous.. thank goodness for the orange slices :)

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful photos, as always! I love those malachites too. Don't think I've ever seen one live.

Gemel said...

The delicate beauty of butterflies captured perfectly.

Thérèse said...

So cool.
The last picture looks like a watercolor!