Thursday, March 12, 2020

Disrupting the Portrait

One of the classes I took at the Apple store was called "Disrupting the Portrait".  It was designed to teach how to use the phone to get some artistic portraits.  This was our instructor teaching us about turning the phone upside down to get the lenses closest to the floor and shooting upward to get an elongated photo.  I've done this many times with my camera but never tried it with my phone before.


























I really enjoyed seeing how to use things like small colored gel sheets to either color the photo or in this case wrapped in a circle around the lens it created a colorful reflection of my fellow classmate.  I'm so glad I signed up for these classes, they've been fun and inspirational.  This new iPhone does so much more than my old one.  I love it.

14 comments:

Andy said...

Judging by the two photos it was well worth your time to take the course.

s.c said...

That was a great lesson. Well done and now bring it in practice.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh wow Sharon, I can see now how people can take fab photos with their phones. Would be so handy if you didn't want to carry around the big camera.. you have encouraged me to give it a go 😉

RedPat said...

It is always such fun to learn new things!

Steve Reed said...

Cool! I almost never do portraits. Unless you count the dog!

William Kendall said...

Very different!

Bill said...

Very cool, Sharon. All these lessons are definitely worth the price of the class. Now you know so much more, it's better having someone teach you instead of trying to figure the phone camera out yourself.

Taken For Granted said...

Glad you are having fun with your new iPhone. You could also use gels with a regular camera, but the iPhone camera is surprisingly good.

Amy said...

I don't have an iphone but I wonder if you could do it with an android?

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Nice tricks, I have used my phone like in the first one before now bit not done what you did in the second. Forgot to say in the last post we also got apple watches as well

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Very cool photos! Makes me want a new phone. I'm still using the iPhone 6, which I guess is considered ancient now!

Gemel said...

Interesting class.

Janey and Co. said...

I love it when I learn something new to do with my phone. Problem is I need a more advanced one. I have a 5.....and I have a hard time convincing myself to spend money on a new one when this one still works fine...

Kay said...

I agree with Bill Burke. It's so useful to learn a bunch of practical tips you can put to work.