Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Admiring Those Mountains & Canyons

I have two more wonderful art pieces from the Celebration of Fine Arts that I went to last Friday.  This first piece kind of blew me away.  It is about 6 foot tall and would take up most of a wall.  Those jagged peaks make me think of the Dolomites in Italy and I love how tiny that train looks running along near the bottom.  The artist is Santiago Michalek.  What a talented man.



















This second one is another mountain scene, this one more reminiscent of the American southwest.  I loved the way this one was displayed on that wood plank wall and with the rustic table below it.  The artist for this one is Kirk Randle, another talented artist.

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Glad you can still visit an art exhibition. Here everything has closed, no museums, no library visits anymore at the moment.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Both amazing paintings Sharon, the artists did have brilliant scenery to work with 💙

RedPat said...

Really powerful pieces, Sharon!

Revrunner said...

Train buffs would love that first one.

William Kendall said...

Spectacular!

Bill said...

Awesome paintings!

Kay said...

Art like this reminds me of how beautiful this world is. How lucky we are to have artists to capture it.

Catalyst said...

Great pictures of great pictures.