Saturday, March 7, 2020

A Tasteful Replacement


Last summer I did a post about a store at Kierland Commons shopping center in north Scottsdale called Royal Fine Art.  It was a store full of sculptures, chandeliers and 'made-to-look-antique' furnishings.  It all seemed a little out of place for modern tastes.  It didn't last long.  I noticed two months ago that the place was empty and all those eagles, horses and lions had moved on.  Last weekend when I was at Kierland Commons, I saw a new store had opened in that former location and it was nothing like the old one.  The new place is called Anticus and it's all about fine art, books, and artisan jewelry.

I was told that this was a temporary location while they are waiting to move into a new spot in Old Town Scottsdale. When they move, they will be mingling with all the other art galleries in that area.  I like their concept and I think they should fit in very well with all the other art inspired businesses.

I enjoyed looking around the place.  They had wonderful art works and a fascinating collection of books.  I thought the sculpture of the two frolicking foxes to the left was very clever. I spent a lot of time looking at everything and ended up walking away with a new book to read.

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That looks like a nice shop to stroll around there, funny foxes!

RedPat said...

It looks like a place where you could spend a lot of time.

Janey and Co. said...

Those foxes are cute...

Bill said...

The place kooks inviting. I like those playful foxes.

Steve Reed said...

I remember that earlier post. I'm not at all surprised that place didn't survive. How many gigantic bronze eagles and lions could they sell, after all?! This shop looks much more realistic.

Amy said...

I think I like the new place, being full of books I'd quite happily go in there and browse.

William Kendall said...

The foxes sculpture is quite a treat.

Catalyst said...

I like that top picture a lot.

Kay said...

Much improved, in my humble opinion. I think I could find a lot of temptations here.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Much better Sharon, hope they do well when they move to their permanent spot. I'm in love with fox statue, thank goodness I wasn't in a position to buy it 😀