Sunday, February 23, 2020

The Shrouded Monk



The praying monk on the side of Camelback Mountain was shrouded in low lying clouds all day yesterday.  It rained pretty much all day long.


Everything got a good soaking which is just what we need here in the desert.  I only left the house to go to the grocery store and snap these photos and I got pretty wet doing just that.  What a nice change of pace.  According to the experts, the sun will be back for Sunday.


So what did I do all day long at home?  I baked cookies!  Mint and Chocolate chip cookies to be exact.  They are delicious.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm looking at views over and around Los Angeles.


11 comments:

Andy said...

Oh my... the monk is a awesome sight.

Thérèse said...

I love that first picture!
Perfect timing for the rain needed by the flora.

biebkriebels said...

It certainly looks like a real monk up there!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks wonderful Sharon, the cookies too 😉 We might get a few drops in the next few days.. says me hopefully!

Gemel said...

The third photo is rather stunning.
The mountain impressive.

RedPat said...

The cookies look impressive as does the mountain! ;-)

Revrunner said...

You captured those raindrops very well.

William Kendall said...

An appropriate name for that rock feature.

Tom said...

...Sharon, what a yummy post, could I order a dozen cookies please?

Kay said...

You may have gotten wet but these are nice shots. And it looks like you rewarded yourself nicely with those cookies.

Steve Reed said...

Mint chocolate chip is one of my favorite flavor combinations! Love the photos of the shrouded monk. The rain must have been refreshing. The plants look happy. :)