Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Symphonic Roses & Boundless Music


Last weekend, I went to another concert with the Phoenix Symphony.  This time it was a "pops" concert featuring the music of ABBA.  Being a long-time ABBA fan, I was thrilled to see this Finnish group called Rajaton perform some of ABBA's best songs.

The Finnish word "Rajaton" translates as boundless and that word truly sums up the talents of this a cappella group.  Yes, the orchestra did accompany them on most songs but they also did several a cappella and I have to say, their talent truly is boundless.

Needless to say, there was a lot of toe-tapping, clapping, arm waving and dancing in the aisles going on at this concert.







After their performance, they signed copies of their CD's for those who purchased them and that gave me an opportunity to snap a photo of them.  The group has released 17 different albums, one double platinum, three platinum and eight gold records in Finland.  In 2019, they celebrated 22 years of music-making.

Oh yes, those roses made from sheets of music were on the cocktail tables in the Symphony Hall lobby.

11 comments:

s.c said...

Fantastic roses and it looks like a happy happening.

Andy said...

Sharon, you have great taste in music.

biebkriebels said...

That must have been very nice to visit!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love the musical roses 🌹 ABBA music is a little like Beatle music, it will go on forever interpreted in different ways. You certainly have been getting out and about Sharon 💙

RedPat said...

I love thee roses! My toes are tapping here!

Steve Reed said...

How fun! ABBA's popularity will never wane, it seems. :)

William Kendall said...

The roses are a neat sight to see!

Revrunner said...

Ha! Now you've given me an idea what to do with my old music. :-)

Kay said...

I love those paper roses! And I love good a cappella singing. I need to look for this group on iTunes.

Catarina said...

Great outing!

Gemel said...

How creative, musical flowers!