Friday, February 21, 2020

February Gardens


Last weekend I drove over to my old neighborhood to photograph the African daisies in bloom for a post on this blog.  I know exactly what yards have these perennials every year so it's the perfect place to catch some photos.  I thought I'd show you one of the houses where the flowers run wild over the front yard.  They give the whole neighborhood a delicious spring-like look.



Letting these yellow and orange beauties spread around the cactus in the yard makes for a perfect 'spring-time-in-the-desert' garden.


12 comments:

Andy said...

You make me wish I were in Phoenix.

biebkriebels said...

That looks very spring like indeed, helas an other part of the world... :)

Karl said...

Beautiful colors, it looks warm...

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks stunning Sharon, they use daises here also to cover larger areas, they are so tough and hardy while beautiful at the same time 🌻

RedPat said...

Not what I expect in the desert, Sharon! Lovely!

Revrunner said...

That does look like spring, which is nice, because it snowed several inches overnight here.

Steve Reed said...

Love it! I cut our African daisy back, hoping it will come out fresh and new in the spring. Fingers crossed.

William Kendall said...

A cheerful sight!

Kay said...

There is nothing quite like spring in the desert. This garden is heavenly.

Thérèse said...

Spring could not be better described!

Susie of Arabia said...

Nothing like those desert blooms in the springtime!

Gemel said...

Stunning display of the daisy's