Friday, January 31, 2020

Shoes as a Work of Art


Most of you know that I do love a nice pair of shoes.  However this great pair was not for sale.  These were part of a display of unique art works at the Heard Museum.


Artist Teri Greeves took a pair of Converse basketball shoes and covered them in finely stitched glass beads.  The name of the art piece is "We Gave Two Horses in Honor of Our Son".  Teri Greeves is known for her incredible bead work.  You can see some of her other works here.  (I love the umbrella)

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

They are to beautiful to wear indeed. They deserve a display life.

Revrunner said...

We called these "high tops" when I was a boy.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh I hope everyone looks at the link Sharon, her work is amazing! So much work in the details of each piece 💜

Lucyna Drozłowska said...

Niezwykle są te trampki. Czasmi maluję wzory na trampkach mojej córki. :)

Steve Reed said...

Those are amazing!

RedPat said...

They are wonderful, Sharon!

Thérèse said...

I visited the link and love the umbrella too! Awesome. I wonder how much time Teri Greeves spends on each piece.

William Kendall said...

I like these!

Kay said...

These are great! I saw a pair of beaded shoes (Converse, I think) in the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian years ago. She doesn't mention that in the link you provided so I guess they were done by someone else. What amazing work.

Gemel said...

Wow, they are absolutely beautiful.

Susie of Arabia said...

Magnificent beadwork! Love the southwest theme.