Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Pink Flamingos


I took these photos at the end of September and then promptly forgot all about them.  I pass this house quit often when I take what I call a short-cut over to Julie and Dave's house.  On this particular day when I drove by, I saw a flash of pink so I stopped for a closer look.


It was a rather large flock of pink, plastic flamingos prancing around in front of the house.  I can't imagine what they were there for.  They weren't there the week before and they weren't there the week after.  It must have been for some special occasion.  I keep my eye on this house now, just in case some other strange additions show up.

10 comments:

Andy said...

Holy flamingos! The gangs all here!

biebkriebels said...

For a moment I thought they were real!

Revrunner said...

I like Andy's comment. :-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Definitely a celebration flamingo flock Sharon, hope whoever's birthday it is isn't upset by the large number on show here 😄

Thérèse said...

Whenever there was a private celebration in our neighborhood there was a flamingo in the front yard for a day or two. But here! Wow! Someone turning a hundred or something??

RedPat said...

A big birthday for sure, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

Love it! Some florists or gift shops can arrange a mass delivery of flamingoes (or cows or a variety of other things).

Bill said...

A flamingo conference, funny to see. :)

William Kendall said...

Someone's birthday, with a whole lot of flamingos to mark it!

Kay said...

That's quite a flock! High school students here put pink flamingos on peoples' properties as part of a fund raising effort - I think it's for homecoming. The flamingo receiver/hosts pay the students to come and take them back. I'm pretty sure most of the recipients know the flamingo wranglers.