Sunday, January 5, 2020

Past and Present


The date on this photo is February 5, 2011.  I found it in my photo files and it reminded me that I wanted to find out more about this place before I posted the photo.  That never happened.


So I drove to its location in south Phoenix thinking I would check it out and learn about the place.  What I learned is that it is gone and a new restaurant is now occupying this small building.  When I was taking this photo, one of the new owners showed up and told me to come back when it's open because the food is great.  One of these days....

Tomorrow I'll show you a mural that is painted on the street side of this building.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm touring a garden....in the rain.

9 comments:

Andy said...

I hope you take up the owner's invite. I am interested in seeing the inside.

biebkriebels said...

It looks like it has only a facade, nothing behind....

Billy Blue Eyes said...

It happens but could be worth visiting

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I was about to ask about the food, but you already answered that question. Looks like a tiny place.

Steve Reed said...

It's a cute little building. I always like a blast from the past!

RedPat said...

It could be a real discovery, Sharon! Let us know!

Kay said...

It certainly has a different look now; the glass front door is much more welcoming. And I guess it looks better without the patches of dead grass. Take us along if you decide to give it a try.

Janey and Co. said...

Well, that is certainly an interesting place! I hope you do go back when it opens...

William Kendall said...

It works nicely as a redo.