Tuesday, January 28, 2020

New Color for a Phoenix Bird


A few years ago, I was posting photos of all the different versions of the Phoenix Bird that can be found within the city.  One of them was this stylized version.    Back then, it was all metallic.  Recently I drove past this building and saw that it had been painted a bright yellow. At first I wasn't sure about that color but the more I look at it, the more I like it.  It looks good against the blue sky reflected in all that glass.

P.S.  I notice that in the top photo I captured a reflected image of a mural I posted back in 2013.  That mural has been there a very long time even though the salon it was on has been gone a long time.

8 comments:

Andy said...

Very colourful with a awesome reflection.

RedPat said...

I think I like the yellow best, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

I like it yellow, too!

William Kendall said...

It is pretty.

Fun60 said...

Definitely like that yellow against the blue.

Kay said...

The sculpture casts great reflections. The original looked very natural but the color really brightens it and creates a nice contrast with the glass. I like it.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Definitely stands out more Sharon, love the yellow against the blue background. Pretty cool about the longevity of the mural 💙

Gemel said...

Very abstract ad original.