Thursday, November 7, 2019

Still Going Strong


When I first moved to Arizona, I used to drive around the Biltmore Estates to look at all the big houses there.  They were mostly all what you would call ranch style homes that tended to be sort of low slung in their shape.  Today, I live right next door to the Biltmore Estates and I take walks through there quite often.  I would say the the vast majority of those older homes dating back to the 50's, 60's and 70's have all been torn down and rebuilt into huge mansions.  However, there are a few that remain and I'm always pleased to see them.  The one above is an example.


This is another one that has been there a very long time.  Both of these have been well maintained and they still have that mid-century charm.

14 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I like that too, they have a relaxed shape.

Revrunner said...

Must be difficult there to maintain such a large expanse of green grass.

Catarina said...

I like those Ranch-style homes.

RedPat said...

I like these much better than a big mansion, Sharon!

Allison said...

I don't like it when old neighborhoods are bulldozed and taken away. It's good to see that some of them are hanging in there.

William Kendall said...

That second one particularly appeals to me.

Steve Reed said...

I love those long, low ranch houses. I don't understand why they're not more popular!

Lois said...

They are nice! It is a shame that so many were torn down.

Bill said...

I like them too instead of big mansions.

Catalyst said...

I don't remember ever seeing that bottom one and it would be difficult to forget it.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love the one level homes so much more than double storeys Sharon, I think they suit the warm weather climate so much more, much easier to keep cool. Love the two homes here ✨

Kay said...

If big is good then bigger is better, I guess.

Gemel said...

Love to see the different types of homes across the other side of the planet, thanks for sharing, the second one is really unusual.

Thérèse said...

Probably easier to take care of...