Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Inside the Rainforest


I had no idea that any Rainforest Cafes still existed but the one inside the Arizona Mills shopping center was still there and customers were inside.  I have eaten here before (or maybe it was another one somewhere) but, it was a very long time ago.  It's just an average restaurant that is all about the experience and not so much about the food.


The inside and outside are decorated like a jungle complete with waterfalls and jungle noises.  As I recall, while dining here you will hear all kinds of bird calls, hoots from monkeys and an occasional growl from the large cat family.  It's all recorded sound, of course.

I was quite surprised to find this place still open for business.

12 comments:

Catarina said...

The rainforest doesn't come to you... you go to the rainforest...

Andy said...

There's one in Niagara Falls, Canada. There used to be more.

RedPat said...

I can remember a couple of them in Toronto but I think they are gone. I never ate there.

Stefan Jansson said...

Don't think we have something like this in ny area.

Bill said...

When I visited my sister and her family in Maryland years ago, they had one. Her kids loved it. I think it was in the late 90s when we were there.

William Kendall said...

I can't recall any here.

The Padre said...

Now This Takes Me Back - Like WoW - Also, Your 'I Was Tempted' Post Was Rather Colorful

Cheers

Amy said...

wow what a cool place, bet it's popular with children.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That sounds like a fun dining experience Sharon, for the children anyway.. we grownups prefer the food to be more appetising than the decor 😉

Steve Reed said...

I haven't thought of that place in ages! I don't think I ever ate there.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I think the one in Toronto went out of business a few years ago, but I did eat there a couple of times and as far as I recall the food and service were both good. These theme restaurants are perhaps a little too "cute" for the long haul.

Jack said...

There was one of these in Westfarms Mall on the line between West Hartford and New Britain. I never went in, and I only go to the mall these days for the Apple Store. Next time I am there, I need to check. It feels like a concept that would have a short life.