Sunday, June 9, 2019

Highlights of My Visit to Lake Como


The second part of my trip was the stay on Lake Como, clearly one of the most beautiful lakes in the world.

First up was Varenna, a beautifully preserved village where I was lucky enough to spend three nights in a real Italian Villa built in the 1700's.  That's it to the left.























It rained most of the time we spent in Varenna but that didn't stop us from visiting the gardens of Villa Monastero.































Another highlight was having lunch at the Grand Hotel Tremezzo. It was a stunningly beautiful hotel where I felt like I had stepped into an episode of Hercule Poirot.  It is certainly his kind of place.































I visited so many wonderful villas but, the Villa Carlotta in Tremezzo stands out.  The gardens were spectacular and the inside was equally beautiful.





























And last, but not least was a view of George Clooney's Lake Como Villa while on a lake tour.  We thought we might pop in for afternoon tea, but alas the Clooney's were not at home.  ðŸ˜Š

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting Museum Hill in Santa Fe.

9 comments:

RedPat said...

I always think of George Clooney when I hear of Lake Como - thanks for showing his place. I think I will now think of all of the beautiful places there after seeing your pics, Sharon! Fabulous!

Catarina said...

Oh my!!! Spectacular sights!
Too bad the Clooneys were not home!!!
: )

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful pictures, once again! I love the little gates at the Villa Carlotta leading to the lake shore. They remind me of "The Sound of Music." (I know, I know, that was Austria -- but the Von Trapps had those same gates.)

Your accommodations look terrific, as does the Grand Hotel Tremezzo. Wonder how much it costs to stay there?

William Kendall said...

What a beautiful area!

Bill said...

Stunning places and views, Sharon. Your photos are absolutely beautiful.

Thérèse said...

Too bad for the tea...
Such a nice place!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh wow how gorgeous Sharon, totally envious of your Poirot moment 💙 love the shot of you with the red umbrella, gorgeous gal 😉

Karl said...

I see you had a good time, Sharon !

Jack said...

Gorgeous! I was at Lake Como in October of 2008. I remember the date so clearly because every day the stock market lost another 500 points and was in freefall. That was upsetting but did not keep me from thinking that the Italian Lakes are perhaps the most beautiful places I have ever been.