Monday, May 20, 2019

This Way to the Guacamole


A little over ten years ago, I posted a photo of the front of Macayo's restaurant on Central Avenue.  It's a Mexican restaurant  with the facade of an Aztec Temple.  The restaurant has been around for a very long time in that same location I Photographed back in 2008.  Two years ago, they had to move. The land was purchased to make way for a huge apartment complex.  The restaurant moved just a few blocks down the street to a smaller location.  I found this mural on the back side of the restaurant.


When I went inside, I saw another, more colorful mural on the wall inside.  

To see more murals, click here.

13 comments:

biebkriebels said...

The second one is much more tastfull then the cars outside!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Both fabulous murals Sharon.. so many cafe/restaurants are doing this these days ✨

Catarina said...

The owners had a great idea.

RedPat said...

I like them both! They are so different from each other!

Thérèse said...

Tomatoes are almost ripe around here, soon there will be some guacamole on the table...
Nice to see your own feedback to your then post.

Sami said...

They are both great murals, but I prefer the indoor mural.
Thanks for contributing Sharon.

Karl said...

Great colorful mural on the wall inside !

Bill said...

Great murals but the second one is more pleasing to the eye maybe because of the colour.

Iris Flavia said...

I couldn´t even concentrate on yummy food - beautiful murals!

Catalyst said...

I spent many an evening at Macayo but my daytime favorite was always the original: El Nido on McDowell Road.

Judy Ryer said...

I was going to ask you about that. Now I want to see the outside of the building in the front. It can't possibly have that same iconic look that it used to have. That place was a landmark.

Jack said...

Two very different murals. I like both, but the interior mural would be much more enjoyable to sit beside while dining.

William Kendall said...

Amazing work!