Thursday, May 16, 2019

Return Trip to See the Blooms


Two Sundays ago when I went walking at the Desert Botanical Garden, I noticed buds on two of my favorite night-blooming cactus.  I knew they were going to bloom either that night or the next night.


Monday morning, off I went to see if they had bloomed.  They hadn't yet.  So, on Tuesday morning, I once again headed that way and there they were, bursting with beauty.  You can see some buds that haven't opened yet in the top photo.  Several years ago I was there when they all bloomed at once which was a spectacular sight.  You can see it here.


This other cactus had also bloomed and I was surprised to see these brilliant pink blooms.  This cactus usually has deep red blossoms.


Whatever the color, they are always a joy to see!

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Thanks for going back to show us the beautiful flowers!

Andy said...

The cactus are showing off their true beauty.

Steve Reed said...

Amazing!

RedPat said...

Such spectacular flowers, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous blossoms!

Bill said...

So beautiful to see and admire those flowers. I love cactus, they are amazing plants.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh wow! What a spectacular sight Sharon. It never ceases to amaze me how the fairly ordinary cactus transforms when it flowers like this, beautifully shown here ✨

Judy Ryer said...

Well worth the trip back. So elegant.

Catalyst said...

My neighbor had a night blooming cereus in his yard when we lived in Phoenix back in the 70's and 80's. He got some great photos of it when it bloomed.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Cactus have such beautiful blooms, especially these cereus cactus. Nicely photographed!

Jack said...

The Naples Botanical Garden has some cacti that I was able to see in bloom before I headed north. I still don't associate cacti and blooms, but that is because of my strong New England roots and lack of knowledge.