Friday, May 10, 2019

An Odd Place to Nest


Earlier in the week I went to Scottsdale Fashion Square mall to pick up something.  I think I've mentioned before that the mall has a lot of construction going on right now.  The construction is mostly located on the north side and because of that, I haven't parked on that side in ages.  This time I did because it was so close to where I wanted to go.  Because of the construction, it's pretty quiet on that side of the mall but, there are still many cars parked there.  As I made my way to one of the mall doors, I saw something odd out of the corner of my eye.  It was a pigeon sitting on a nest on top of a decorative rock located right next to the sidewalk.  I could have walked right up and touched it.


I realize pigeons are very resourceful having to build their nests in an assortment of urban environments but, this has to be the most unusual spot I've ever seen one.  I can't help but wonder if it will survive there until it hatches it's eggs.

10 comments:

Thérèse said...

Serenity and proudness!

Steve Reed said...

Pigeons aren't the smartest birds in the world! But it may be fine as long as there are no predators. (Coyotes?)

biebkriebels said...

Oh that is a bad place for a nest! Maybe it is her first nest and has no experience in it. Hope the eggs will survive!

The Padre said...

Too Funny

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh no! I don't have a good feeling about this Sharon, they do pick unusual spots but usually a bit higher off the ground than this 😱

Bill said...

It sure is an unusual place for a nest. Too close to the ground could invite some trouble.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

They are quite stupid, I seen them nesting on Cable trays and the fins that surround the old plae I worked

RedPat said...

I would worry about predators too!

William Kendall said...

An odd spot for a nest.

Catalyst said...

That is very strange but, as SWMBO says, pigeons are not very smart.