Saturday, April 27, 2019

Balancing Blonde


I've had this photo of a sculpture on the grounds of the Shemer Art Center for about a year but, I hadn't posted it because I didn't know who the sculptor was.  I finally found out last week that it was created by James Farris an artist and sculptor from Tempe Arizona.

























She always makes me think of Marilyn Monroe whenever I see her on the grounds of the museum.

James Farris passed away in December of 2010 but I think this sculpture has only been at the museum for about two years.  It makes me wonder how it made its way to the Shemer.  I'll have to ask a few more questions when I get the chance.

12 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

I'm a bit like you. If I shoot something and can't find the info I think I need the photo often stays unpublished. Nicely photographed.

biebkriebels said...

She certainly looks like Marilyn, very realistic sculpture.

RedPat said...

She reminds me of Marilyn too!

Andy said...

It took me a few minutes to see the blue balls.

Catalyst said...

I wonder who the model was.

William Kendall said...

Wow!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Wonderful sculpture so full of life

Bill said...

The sculture is absolutely gorgeous.

Bill said...

sculpture

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love her Sharon, so exuberant and definitely Marilyn Monroe curves, gorgeous!

Steve Reed said...

It does seem very Marilyn-ish!

Jack said...

This is terrific!