Thursday, April 11, 2019

An Art Festival & Student Art


The Shemer Art Center had a one day art festival and sale on the lawn of the museum last Saturday.  I stopped by (before I went to brunch) to have a look.  There were a lot of pretty things to see and many of the artists also teach classes at the The Shemer from time to time.

There is a student art show on at the museum too.  It is a juried show with works from the Arizona Artists Guild scholarship recipients.  

The works were all very good but, I'll show you these two artists whose work stood out to me.  

First is this statue by  Min Kyu Kim who is a student at ASU.








It's called "Persona" and it's made of cast iron.  




































This last one is by Lee Davenport who is also a student at ASU.  This one is called "Tranquility".  It does have a tranquil look to it, doesn't it?

There are some very talented new artists featured in this show.

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Two very nice items, I like that "Persona".

Catarina said...

Nice outing. New artists deserve all our support.

Steve Reed said...

Excellent work! I love that last one, particularly.

RedPat said...

I like both of these pieces, Sharon!

Thérèse said...

Two beautiful examples of talented students.

William Kendall said...

Both of these are well done.

Bill said...

The artists are very creative and talented. I like their work very much.

Judy said...

I like them both and what a beautiful day for it!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love art and art shows Sharon, such an excellent way for new artists to get their work out there. Both wonderful pieces you have picked to show us here ✨