Friday, March 15, 2019

Beethoven, Strauss & Bubbles


Last Sunday I went to the Symphony with three other friends where we enjoyed renowned pianist Stephen Hough playing Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 1 in C Major.  What a wonderful piece of music it is.  The second half of the show featured a piece called Ein Heldenleben (A Hero's Life) by Richard Strauss.  Another excellent and piece of music that I'm so thankful our conductor, Tito Munoz, described before it began.  It made listening to it that much more exciting.

My friends and I also celebrated the event with some bubbly.  Champagne goes with everything!

7 comments:

Andy said...

I would say the music and the bubbly made your day.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beethoven and bubbly are an intoxicating combination Sharon ✨

RedPat said...

Champagne does go well with everything!

William Kendall said...

I'd enjoy that concert.

Bill said...

That concert sounds wonderful.

Steve Reed said...

What a nice outing! I don't know that Strauss piece, at least not from the name.

Jack said...

A nice pairing by the symphony.